Thursday, May 2, 2013

New Studio Space for Cloth of Kin

Solstice Studios has moved! Thanks to all the woven love out there I've taken a big step and expanded into a larger space where I can set up some more of my looms that have been languishing in storage. My new location is bright and sunny, has a view of the mountains, and most importantly, feels like a REAL weaving studio (big smile!) On top of all that magnificence, the side doors of my studio open into Art Scene, a lovely little art shop. When patrons wandering in and out, I occasionally slip into interpretive mode (thank you Parks Canada) and my tendency to hermit myself away is less available, a good thing, really.... It also means more people looking in on my mess so it was time to organize the yarn stash... welcome yarn wall!

Solstice Studios is also in transition, as you may know, I been very busy weaving vast yardage of Cloth of Kin lately. Cloth of Kin has also become a business name and the website http://www.clothofkin.com is in it's final stages of development, set to launch July 1st! With the launch of the website, Solstice Studios as a business will be laid to rest and Cloth of Kin Inc. will take over as the product name, studio name, and business name. Cloth of Kin Inc. will give weavers from around the world opportunity to connect with families who want to create an heirloom Cloth of Kin.

I want to send a big THANK YOU to all the families out there who are part of the initial development of Cloth of Kin. The family designs you have shared with me have brought joy to my heart and have set the stage for this grand undertaking.

If you want to know more about Cloth of Kin, there is some info on the facebook site http://www.facebook.com/clothofkin






No comments:

Post a Comment